Export Market Development Grants Program Research Report
This Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) report presents the results from a survey of grant agents.
Download the report
Export Market Development Grants Program research report april 2022 (docx 3.31Mb)
Download the summary
EMDG evaluation summary april 2022 (DOCX 1.4Mb)
About the report
We commissioned Paper Giant, a research and evaluation consultancy, to survey grant agents. This was to gain insight into their experience with the program.
The survey covered:
- individual and business characteristics
- engagement with the new EMDG program
- experience with the new EMDG program
- the new EMDG program outlook.
110 respondents took part in this quantitative survey in March 2022. All survey respondents had experience in the EMDG grants program in 2021.
The report outlines:
- the experience of the agents
- awareness of the grant program
- how and why exporters use agents
- agents' knowledge of EMDG
- understanding and helpfulness of the EMDG guidelines
- ease of completing application tasks
- applicant needs and aims, and perceptions of change
- expectations of the EMDG program in the future.
The information helped Austrade to improve the EMDG program including communication.