Australia’s International Business Survey 2015
Australia’s International Business Survey 2015 (AIBS 2015) is the second in a series of studies of Australia's international business activity. Commissioned by the Export Council of Australia (ECA) with the support of Austrade and Efic (Export Finance and Insurance Corporation), AIBS 2015 was conducted by the University of Sydney between October and December last year.
Capturing data from more than 1,200 Australian businesses, AIBS 2015 reflects the opinions of a wide range of firms from 19 sectors (and 93 subsectors) operating in 114 overseas markets.
Analysis of key survey findings is available from the Economics at Austrade blog.
Australia’s International Businesses
AIBS 2015 provides detailed information on:
- the demographics of participating businesses including size, experience and the role of international earnings
- the nature of their engagement with the global economy
- the overseas markets they currently operate in
- the barriers they face in accessing those markets
- the economies they are targeting for future business
- their understanding of, and demand for, free trade agreements
- their approach to international marketing
- domestic factors influencing their international competitiveness, including their ability to access finance.
The Summary Report, which provides a detailed overview of the survey results, is available for download.
The complete Survey Report produced by the University of Sydney can also be downloaded.
In addition, individual survey results for eight key markets targeted by Australian businesses are available:
And detailed survey results are also available by selected industry:
* Based on main industry of buyers
Information on the first survey in the series is available here: AIBS 2014