Export Market Development Grants Guidelines and legislation
The Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) program has 3 governing documents from 1 July 2021. These include the EMDG Guidelines.
Download the Round 1 guidelines
EMDG Grant guidelines 2021-22 (DOCX 2.46MB)
Note that these guidelines only apply to Round 1 of the EMDG program.
Download the Round 2 guidelines
EMDG Grant guidelines 2022-23 (DOCX 1.04MB)
About the guidelines
The EMDG Grant Guidelines describe in plain English:
- the governing rules for EMDG
- who is eligible
- how to apply
- how we assess applications
- how to get funding.
Other EMDG governing documents are the:
Guidelines improvement for Round 2
We made minor updates to the guidelines in response to feedback. These were to:
- clarify grant amounts. Check changes in:
- Section 1.1, ‘Key Details’
- explanations in Section 3, ‘Grant Amount and Grant Period’
- ensure compliance with the Commonwealth Grants Rules and Guidelines. In particular, we must make payments directly to the applicant. Check Section 9.3, ‘How We Pay the Grant’
- clarify export evidence requirements (Tier 2 and 3). Check Section 6.3, ‘Preparing Information for your Application’
- give definitions for annual income and strategic shift. Check Section 13, ‘Glossary’.