Guiding Australia’s long-term visitor economy strategy
THRIVE 2030 is an action plan for governments and industry to work together towards a visitor economy that is:
Roles and responsibilities
The THRIVE 2030 Implementation Advisory Group (TIAG) is at the centre of the framework. They will talk with and represent a wide range of sectors, jurisdictions, and networks. They will meet twice a year to:
- monitor strategy implementation
- give progress updates to the Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment.
Austrade is the secretariat.
Read the TIAG Terms of Reference (DOCX 860KB).
TIAG has up to 12 members. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Austrade is the Chair. Tourism Australia’s Managing Director is an ex-officio member.
Members were selected for their industry expertise. They are based across Australia:
- Sarina Bratton AM, Chairman Asia Pacific and Special Advisor to Executive, PONANT
- Karen Bolinger, Founder Bolinger Consulting
- Matt Cameron-Smith, CEO, Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia
- Tony Coppins, Managing Director, Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari and member of the National Indigenous Tourism Advisory Group
- Tim Horan AM, Managing Director, River & Mercantile Asset Management
- Rob Pennicott, Managing Director, Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Laura Ruffles, Executive Director and Global COO, Corporate Travel Management
- Mr Simon Westaway, Strategy Director, Royce Communications
- Phillipa Harrison, Managing Director, Tourism Australia
Representatives from state and territory governments are:
- Carolyn Turnbull, Managing Director, Tourism Western Australia
Read TIAG member biographies (PDF 662KB) (DOCX 226KB)
Subscribe to Visitor Economy News